|Analysis of Supreme Court Caseload 2017
|Cases Decided by Opinion
|Cases Decided by Order
|Total Case Dispositions
Like all courts, the Florida Supreme Court decides cases in two ways -- by order or by opinion. Orders and opinions are both written documents. The vast majority of cases are decided by orders, as Statistics from prior years show. Below you will find cases decided by opinion, that is, in elaborate written decisions issued by the Court that get the most public attention, even though they are only a fraction of the total cases decided each year.
The Clerk's Office releases opinions at 11 a.m. each Thursday. Court staff posts them to this website as soon as possible thereafter. There will be times when opinions may be released outside of this schedule, such as in emergencies. Scheduled and unscheduled opinion releases are announced via Twitter @flcourts.
Opinions are indexed by the year they were released. They are available here from September 24, 1999, to the present. The Florida Supreme Court also has information regarding archived opinions.
|Note: Unless opinions say otherwise, they are not final until any timely filed motions for rehearing are considered and disposed of by the Court. These opinions are also subject to formal revision before publication in the Southern Reporter, 3rd Series.
April 13, 2017
April 6, 2017
March 30, 2017
March 23, 2017
March 16, 2017
- SC12-2466 & SC13-2112 Corey Smith v. State of Florida and Corey Smith v. Julie L. Jones, etc.
- SC13-1213 Tavares J. Wright v. State of Florida – Revised Opinion on Rehearing
- SC13-2336 Gary G. Debaun v. State of Florida
- SC14-878 Willie James Hodges v. State of Florida
- SC14-1265, SC14-1266 & SC14-1305 Lewis Brooke Bartram v. U.S. Bank National Association, etc., et al. and the Plantation at Ponte Vedra v. U.S. Bank National Association, etc., et al. and Gideon M.G. Gratsiani v. U.S. Bank National Association, etc., et al. – Corrected Opinion and Notice of Correction
- SC15-1261 City of Largo, Florida v. Ahf-Bay Fund, LLC. – Corrected Opinion and Notice of Correction
- SC16-141 Citizens of the State of Florida v. Art Graham, etc., et al.
- SC16-978 In Re: Amendments to Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure
March 9, 2017
March 2, 2017
February 23, 2017
February 20, 2017
February 16, 2017
February 9, 2017
February 2, 2017
January 31, 2017
- SC13-5 & SC13-2422 Gerhard Hojan v. State of Florida & Gerhard Hojan v. Julie L. Jones, etc.
- SC13-2247 Leo Louis Kaczmar, III v. State of Florida
- SC14-1775 & SC15-1233 Richard Knight v. State of Florida & Richard Knight v. Julie L. Jones, etc.
- SC14-2195 Joseph B. Wiggins v. Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- SC15-801 State of Florida v. Christopher Markus
- SC15-954 Zachary Taylor Wood v. State of Florida
- SC15-1276 Paul Durousseau v. State of Florida
- SC15-1747 Searcy, Denney, Scarola, Barnhart & Shipley, etc., et al. v. State of Florida
- SC15-2180 Jean Charles, Jr., etc., et al. v. Southern Baptist Hospital of Florida, Inc., etc., et al.
January 26, 2017
- SC10-2170 Tavares David Calloway v. State of Florida
- SC13-992 Leon Kopel v. Bernardo Kopel, et al.
- SC13-1834 Palm Beach County School Board, etc. v. Janie Doe 1, etc., et al.
- SC14-1949 Michael L. King v. State of Florida
- SC15-953 & SC16-341 Renaldo Devon McGirth v. State of Florida & Renaldo & Devon McGirth v. Julie L. Jones, etc.
- SC15-1441 & SC15-1630 Leonardo Franqui v. State of Florida & Leonardo Franqui v. State of Florida
- SC15-2146 Florida Industrial Power Users Group v. Art Graham, etc., et al.
- SC15-2294 Simon Dockswell, et al. v. Bethesda Memorial Hospital, Inc., etc.
- SC15-2298 Allstate Insurance Company v. Orthopedic Specialists, etc.
January 19, 2017
January 12, 2017
January 5, 2017