|Analysis of Supreme Court Caseload 2016
|Written Opinions Released
|Written Orders Released
|Total Case Dispositions
Like all courts, the Florida Supreme Court decides cases in two ways -- by order or by opinion. Orders and opinions are both written documents. The vast majority of cases are decided by orders, as Statistics from prior years show. Below you will find cases decided by opinion, that is, in elaborate written decisions issued by the Court that get the most public attention, even though they are only a small fraction of the total cases decided each year.
The Clerk's Office releases opinions at 11 a.m. each Thursday. Court staff posts them to this website as soon as possible thereafter. There will be times when opinions may be released outside of this schedule, such as in emergencies. Scheduled and unscheduled opinion releases are announced via Twitter @flcourts.
Opinions are indexed by the year they were released. They are available here from September 24, 1999, to the present. The Florida Supreme Court also has information regarding archived opinions.
|Note: Unless opinions say otherwise, they are not final until any timely filed motions for rehearing are considered and disposed of by the Court. These opinions are also subject to formal revision before publication in the Southern Reporter, 3rd Series.
September 22, 2016
September 15, 2016
September 8, 2016
September 1, 2016
August 25, 2016
July 7, 2016
June 30, 2016
June 23, 2016
June 16, 2016
June 9, 2016
June 2, 2016
May 26, 2016
May 19, 2016
- SC15-95 Citizens of the State of Florida v. Art Graham, etc., et al.;
SC15-113 Citizens of the State of Florida v. Art Graham, etc., et al.;
SC15-115 Citizens of the State of Florida v. Art Graham, etc., et al. &
SC15-274 Florida Industrial Power Users Group v. Art Graham, etc., et al.
- SC15-504 & SC15-505 Board of County Commissioners Indian River County, Florida v. Art Graham, etc., et al. & Board of County Commissioners of Indian River County, Florida v. Art Graham, etc., et al.
- SC15-1170 In Re: Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases - Report No. 2015-03 – Corrected Opinion and Notice of Correction
- SC15-1226 In Re: Amendments to Rules of the Supreme Court Relating to Admissions to The Bar
May 12, 2016
May 5, 2016
April 28, 2016
- SC13-2082 Marvin Castellanos v. Next Door Company, et al.
- SC14-738 Cynthia Richardson v. Aramark/Sedgwick CMS
- SC14-746 Sidney Norvil, Jr. v. State of Florida
- SC14-1325 Louis P. Pfeffer, et al. v. Labor Ready Southeast, Inc., et al.
- SC14-1916 Henry Diaz v. Palmetto General Hospital, et al.
- SC14-2296 Ralph Monroe v. State of Florida
- SC15-725 Daniel Stahl v. Hialeah Hospital, et al.
- SC15-977 JBK Associates, Inc., etc. v. Sill Bros., Inc., et al.
April 21, 2016
April 14, 2016
April 7, 2016
March 31, 2016
March 24, 2016
March 17, 2016
March 10, 2016
March 3, 2016
February 25, 2016
February 18, 2016
February 11, 2016
February 4, 2016
January 28, 2016
January 21, 2016
January 14, 2016